Chancel Choir consists of 30-35 adult singers, college age or older, forming the backbone of the church’s music program. Most have musical backgrounds, and many gravitate to River Road Church from other churches where the music has become exclusively contemporary. Extensive musical training not a prerequisite. If you can hear and hit a pitch, you can sing at River Road Church. Because of the extensive amount of material covered in a reasonably brief rehearsal time, the ability to read music is helpful though not required.
- Rehearsals are Thursday nights, 7:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- Choir retreats in the fall and spring
- Christmas and spring concert performed with an orchestra
- Brass quartet for Easter services, special visiting choir and choir retreats
Bell Choir is a group of ringers, college age and above, plays at regular and special services throughout the season.
- Consisting of 15 church members, ringers use classic church bells
- Rehearsals are Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m.