Chancel Choir consists of 45-50 adult singers (college age or older) forming the backbone of the church’s music program. Most have musical backgrounds, and many gravitate to River Road Church from other churches where the music has become exclusively contemporary. Extensive musical training not a prerequisite. If you can hear and hit a pitch, you can sing at River Road Church. Because of the extensive amount of material covered in a reasonably brief rehearsal time, the ability to read music is helpful though not required.
- Rehearsals are Thursday nights, 7:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- One intensive Saturday rehearsal each fall and spring
- Advent/Christmas and spring concert performed with orchestra (with dress rehearsal the day before)
- Brass quintet and timpani for Easter
Bell Choir, directed by Charles Todd, is a group of ringers, college age and above. They bring music to regular and special services throughout the season.
- Consisting of 15 church members, ringers use Whitechapel and Schulmerich church bells
- Rehearsals are held on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 until 7:30 p.m.